ASI Members Pay $210 | Non-Members Pay $300
New Course Available
Induction to Steel: Course Overview
The steel supply chain is as long as it is varied. It encompasses a whole host of stakeholders, from the manufacturing mills right through to end users in building and construction, heavy engineering and manufacturing.
This course is perfect for anyone who works in the Australian steel supply chain, whether you’re an architect, an engineering graduate or a marketing manager. It is designed to provide an overview of the steel industry, giving context to your role, responsibilities, and interaction with other members of the steel supply chain.
There are three options available in our series of ‘Induction to Steel’ courses. Simply pick the option that best suits your needs to discover more about the Australian steel supply chain.
Why might I consider the Induction to Steel (Extended) Course?
You can only complete this course if you have completed the Induction to Steel – Fundamentals course. This is usually for learners who didn’t choose the Fundamentals Extended package course upfront (which is a combination of the Fundamentals course and the Extended course), and only realised after completing the Fundamentals course, that you would benefit from the Extended course as well.
Discounts, Multi-User Purchase & Subscription Models
ASI is proud to support the education of its members by offering discounts on our eLearning courses. In addition to member-only pricing, we offer a substantial discount for students, as well as discounts for multiple course purchases and multiple bulk user purchases. We also offer Corporation subscription models as well on an adhoc basis. For further information, click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What You’ll Learn
By the end of this course, and depending on the modules you take, you will:
- Understand the metallurgy of steel and the effects on steel properties
- Be able to relate the engineering properties of steel to the metallurgy
- Appreciate and identify the quality needed to ensure our products are fit-for-purpose and risk minimised
- Importantly, understand the steel supply chain and where you fit into it
- Be aware of the regulatory requirements imposed by Workplace Health and Safety and the National Construction Code
- Understand the form and function of steel structures
|Total Course Duration (Extended only)||2 hours 20 mins (incl. quiz time)|
|Module 3: The Metallurgy of Steel|
Module 4: The Engineering Properties of Steel
Module 7: Steel Quality and Compliance
Module 8b: Steel Structures -Beyond the Basics
|Supplementary Materials||Course notes based on presentation (included)|
|Other Reference Materials||– eLearning portal – see ASI eLearning – Learn from Steel Industry Experts|
– Free ASI Tech Notes for download: ASI – Technical Notes (steel.org.au)
– ASI website – see ASI – Home (steel.org.au)