Non-ASI Members pay $100. ASI Members pay $70
Knowledge Series Module 5 -Structural Steel Types: Course Overview
The steel supply chain is as long as it is varied. It encompasses a whole host of stakeholders, from the manufacturing mills right through to end users in building and construction, heavy engineering and manufacturing.
This course is perfect for anyone who works in the Australian steel supply chain, whether you’re an architect, an engineering graduate or a marketing manager. It is designed to provide an overview of the steel industry, giving context to your role, responsibilities, and interaction with other members of the steel supply chain.
There are three options available in our series of ‘Induction to Steel’ courses that can be found here. Otherwise, if you cannot decide or would like a taste-test or only need specific topics to supplement your knowledge, we have separate the modules out so you can get an idea of what the modules about.
Module 5- Structural Steel Types: Course Outline
- Types and shapes of structural steel product
- Steel grades referenced in Australian Standards
- Typical documentation provided with structural steel product
- Standards context
|Total Course Duration||35 minutes|
|Supplementary Materials||Course notes based on presentation (included)|
|Other Reference Materials||– Knowledge Series – Modules 1, Module 2, Module 3, Module 4, Module 6, Module 7, Module 8a, Module 8b|
– eLearning portal – see ASI eLearning – Learn from Steel Industry Experts
– Free ASI Tech Notes for download: ASI – Technical Notes (steel.org.au)
– ASI website – see ASI – Home (steel.org.au)