Non-ASI Members pay $100. ASI Members pay $70
Knowledge Series Module 6 -The Steel Supply Chain: Course Overview
The steel supply chain is as long as it is varied. It encompasses a whole host of stakeholders, from the manufacturing mills right through to end users in building and construction, heavy engineering and manufacturing.
This course is perfect for anyone who works in the Australian steel supply chain, whether you’re an architect, an engineering graduate or a marketing manager. It is designed to provide an overview of the steel industry, giving context to your role, responsibilities, and interaction with other members of the steel supply chain.
There are three options available in our series of ‘Induction to Steel’ courses that can be found here. Otherwise, if you cannot decide or would like a taste-test or only need specific topics to supplement your knowledge, we have separate the modules out so you can get an idea of what the modules about.
Module 6 – The Steel Supply Chain: Course Outline
- An overview of the steel supply chain
- Two primary channels in the supply chain:
- Long products
- Flat products
- The supply chain for long products
- The supply chain for flat products
- The role of distributors and processors
- Fabrication and erection
|Total Course Duration||75 minutes|
|Supplementary Materials||Course notes based on presentation (included)|
|Other Reference Materials||– Knowledge Series – Modules 1, Module 2, Module 3, Module 4, Module 5, Module 7, Module 8a, Module 8b|
– eLearning portal – see ASI eLearning – Learn from Steel Industry Experts
– Free ASI Tech Notes for download: ASI – Technical Notes (steel.org.au)
– ASI website – see ASI – Home (steel.org.au)