ASI Members Pay $195
New Course Available
This online course will provide information to assist you to optimise the design and use of Structural Steel Hollow Sections (SSHS) to AS 4100 standards and to identify the risk factors which can lead to failure of the steel sections.
Becoming familiar with the specific supply, fabrication and design aspects of SSHS is more important than ever due to a greater awareness of the need to address non-compliant building products in Australian projects. With a mixture of Australian and overseas manufactured hollow sections being available in the local market – specifiers, engineers and builders need to be able to identify what complies and what does not in order to satisfy the requirements of the National Construction (NCC) and Australian Standards.
There are 3 Parts to this presentation which includes a Q&A session with the presenter.
PART 1 STRUCTURAL STEEL HOLLOW SECTIONS (SSHS) – 101
- Surge of SSHS over the last few decades – why?
- Relating SSHS shape and manufacturing to finished product behaviour (including grades)
- Shapes and coatings
- The need for product compliance: are you getting what you think you are?
- Standards and how to ensure compliant SSHS
PART 2 DESIGN AND SPECIFICATION
- Why are Cold‐formed SSHS in a “Hot‐rolled” design Standard such as AS 4100?
- Re‐grading steels – a no‐no!
- Tips on designing SSHS to AS 4100
- Optimal use of SSHS
- Design aids
PART 3 QUESTION AND ANSWERS
- Questions and Answers answered by the presenter
Introductory Sample Course – FREE (please log in to access below)Please login.
|Course Duration||2 hours 40 minutes|
|Supplementary Material||Course notes based on presentation|
Once Purchased You can Access the Course Below!