ASI Members Pay $325
Available October 2022
The understanding and correct use of Australian wind codes AS/NZS 1170.2 and
AS 4055 is essential for engineers in order to provide efficient, robust designs.
This course consisting of on-demand pre-recorded presentations (video,
audio and slides) will provide guidance for engineers involved in the design of
building projects that are subject to wind loads. The course will cover topics
considering both AS/NZS 1170.2 and AS 4055 and the correct application of both
standards to the design of steel sheds. The course will include details on how
these standards differ and how to correctly apply them to optimize the design of
Part 1: Changes in AS/NZS 1170.2:2021 – Wind Actions
- Key aspects of AS/NZS 1170.2:2021
- Understanding the impact of changes to AS/NZS 1170.2:2021 and NCC 2022
Part 2: How to correctly use AS/NZS 1170.2:2021 to optimize the design of steel structures:
- The structure of AS/NZS 1170.2:2021
- Determining correct wind speeds and importance levels
- Efficient application of modifiers and factors
- Determining correct Internal and external pressure coefficients
- Understanding the difference between design for cyclonic and non-cyclonic areas
3. Understanding and application of AS 4055:2021 –Wind Loads for Housing:
- The structure of AS 4055:2021
- Key aspects of AS 4055:2021
- How to use AS 4055:2021
4. Q&A – answering questions posted from sessions 1, 2 and 3.
A Sample Lesson is available here to download for a free trialPlease login.
|Course Duration||4 hours 10 minutes|
|Supplementary Material||Course notes based on presentation|
|Other Related Courses and Material||Design of Light Gauge Cold-Formed Steel Buildings eCourse|
Shedsafe Engineering Workshop eCourse
Design of Hybrid Sheds eCourse
Design of Portal Frame Buildings Book (5th Edition)
Wind Loads for housing application of AS 4055
Once Purchased You can Access the Course Below!